WHAT IS SCOLIOSIS?
Scoliosis is a condition where the spine deviates from its normal curvature. The word scoliosis stems from the Greek language and means bent. On x-rays the spine of scoliosis patients can look like an “S” or “C” shape, rather than a straight line. Scoliosis varies from mild to severe cases and is more commonly found in women. Good news is that chiropractic can help reduce the curvature of scoliosis. Read the latest research on outcomes for adult scoliosis patients receiving chiropractic rehabilitation here.
Signs that you may have scoliosis:
– Uneven muscular tone on one side of the spine
– One shoulder blade that is more prominent than the other
– Ribs that are more prominent on one side than the other
– One hip that presents lower than the other
– One arm that presents lower than the other
– One leg that seems shorter than the other
– In some cases impaired nerve action